Celebrity Birthday: 10 Things You Probably Did Not Know About Aralola Olamuyiwa (a.k.a Ara Female Talking Drummer)
To celebrate Renowned Singer and Versaille Entertainer Aralola Olamuyiwa, Nigeria’s first viral female talking drummer, as she clocks 48, Monday, January 23, Apples Bite Magazine presents 10 amazing facts you probably did not know about her.
1. Ara began her career as a professional talking drummer in year 2000, 23 years ago, at Adegbemile Cultural Centre, Akure, Ondo State, where she had her first public performance as a drummer. Sh has since grown to become Nigeria’s first female talking drummer of international repute.
2. She is passionate about her roots and culture as well as projecting Nigeria to the world through music. This admirable trait made Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi to appoint her as cultural ambassador to the kingdom of Ife.
3. Ara bought her first car, a Toyota Camry, in 2009.
4. Ara, although a cultural ambassador, she studied English language at the prestigious Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma, Benin, Edo State.
5. She hails from Ondo State.
6. Among dignitaries that Ara has performed for are the Queen of England, Bill Clinton, Olusegun Obasanjo, Black Mayors Caucus in America, Evander Holyfield, Wesley Snipes and Broadway executives.
7. Growing up, Ara used to be a tomboy who never had time for the boys. This was partly influenced because she grew up in a home filled with guys.
FG Announces Date For National Census
8. Ara made her nollywood debut with a cultural movie titled Osunfunke, 2013, which was sponsored by the government of the State of Osun.
9. Ara is the mother of an adorable son.
10. Apart from being a versatile entertainer, Ara is.also very vocal about public affairs, state of the nation and her desire for good governance in Nigeria.
Happy birthday to Ara.
Seunmanuel Faleye is a brand and communications strategist. He is a covert writer and an overt creative head. He publishes Apple's Bite International Magazine.