Rivers 2023: 12 Game-Changing Plans Siminalayi Fubara Brings to Health Care When Elected Governor
As the March 18 governorship election draws near, Rivers PDP poster boy, Siminalayi Fubara has highlighted and reiterated his commitment to improving healthcare in the state at both primary and tertiary healthcare delivery.
As promised by Fubara, he will be committed to providing universal health care for all Rivers citizens while sustaining the legacy of Governor Nyesom Wike. He will improve access to quality health care in underserved communities, reduce prescription drug costs, expand mental health services, and invest in preventative health.
He also plans to create a new Office of Health Equity to address health disparities and ensure that everyone has access to quality care.
Here are Fubara’s plans for healthcare highlighted.
1. We shall increase the health budget to manage the State’s primary healthcare system efficiently.
2. We shall establish the Rivers State Healthcare Intervention Fund to provide free healthcare to under-five-year-olds and pre-and postnatal services to pregnant and nursing mothers.
3. We shall take steps to implement the Rivers State Contributory Health Insurance Scheme to advance universal health insurance coverage for citizens.
4. We shall rehabilitate dilapidated primary and secondary healthcare centers and hospitals across the State.
5. We shall Provide new health centers and hospitals for communities and local government areas.
6. We shall take steps to ensure the sustainable availability of essential medicines at all health facilities across the State.
7. We shall strengthen public health and infectious diseases prevention and control systems in the State;
8. We shall work with all stakeholders to ensure access to public and preventive healthcare services, including universal immunization for children and cancer screening for men and women.
Tertiary healthcare delivery
9. Our administration shall increase funding for the Rivers State Teaching Hospital to become one of the best tertiary hospitals in the country.
10. Our administration shall sustain the operations of the Dr. Peter Odili Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in partnership with competent private healthcare service providers;
11. We shall sustain Governor Wike’s special scholarship program for Rivers State medical students.
12. We shall provide bonded fellowships, post-doctoral grants, and scholarships in special areas of medicine and surgery where the state lacks manpower.