Share this post
Related tags :
Rape is an evil against a lady's body because, because the predator subdues their victim against their wish.
Rape is the act of forcing sexual intercourse upon another person without their consent or against their will.
You may not be aware of how harmful the rape actually is, it is among the most serious crimes of which you can be charged. I call rapists ‘life enders’.
Actually, people often think that rape occurs when someone is walking home alone at night, walking alone in a quiet place or probably attacked by a stranger. Women are not sexually assaulted because they drink too much or wear revealing clothes. They are assaulted because someone made a decision to commit a violent act against them.
But in reality, about 90% of rapes are committed by someone well known to the victim and 70% of the rapes always occur at home or somewhere very close to the house.
Now that we know that rapists exist and are out there looking for someone to assault, it is advisable to do whatever you can to protect yourself.
I am aware men too get raped,however, you will agree with me that it is rear compared to the female victims.
For the purpose of this article, I'll give five tips to help ladies avoid sexual assault:
1. Take a self-defense course. This is one the best way to keep yourself safe.
Taekwondo is a good example of your courses. It helps ladies build mental toughness and self defense skills like Hammer strike, groin kick, how to free yourself from a man's grip among others.
2. Keep your private life off social media. In addition, to reducing updates about your personal life on social media, stop disclosing your location too.
3. Do not walk alone in the dark or in isolated places.
4. Trust your feelings i.e if you notice you are not comfortable about a particular person, do not continue with the friendship.
5. Don't visit strangers and be mindful with your closeness with opposite sex friends and relatives.
In addition, learn about rape, so you can get the reasons why people get involved in the act.Image courtesy of Seunmanuel Faleye - ApplesBite International MagazineShare this post